Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Flash photography in Ithaca


Last weekend I took a trip with the plan to photograph some birds in the woods up in Ithaca, NY. However, the weather did not really cooperate with my idea of good photography weather. I generally prefer to use natural light whenever possible. On this day the sky was very overcast. There was very little light and particularly little making it into the woods.

I decided to use this low light photography opportunity to practice my basic flash photography skills. They can become a little rusty since I do not use them all that often. This was a good opportunity to work on those skills. I found several subjects in the woods to work some flash magic on. I was not successful in finding birds to photograph but I did find these flowers. Let me know what you think of the results.








No comments:

Post a Comment